Boo-tiful little recipe!
Umm, is it just us, or are these ALMOST too adorable to eat? Almost. We are massive suckers for cookie dough, there really is nothing like it, and this little recipe is an absolute firecracker. Remove the eyes, and you’ve got yourself an all-year-round treat to take to parties, work or just make for fun. Super easy, super fast and super delicious. Legitimately, the hardest part of this recipe is to make it to the end without eating all of the cookie dough ?
Let’s get a wriggle on!
What you’ll need…
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla candy melts or white chocolate pieces
- Wilton candy eyes
- Mix cream butter, brown sugar, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk together. Add salt and mix through.
- Fold in flour 1 cup at a time followed by mini chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 1 1⁄2 – 2 hours. The colder the better. Do not keep sneaking to the fridge to devour dough.
- Use a small candy scoop or tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Place on baking paper and chill cookie dough balls until you are ready to dip them.
- Follow the instructions on the candy coating to melt it. Drop each cookie dough ball individually into melted candy coating. Using a spoon, gently spoon coating over the entire ball.
- Scoop out the covered ball and place back onto the baking paper. Place in fridge for 15-20 minutes to let the coating set.
- Using a spoon and a back and forth motion, create lines across the truffle balls. This will give the ball a bandaged mummy appearance.
- Using a bit of the coating mixture, stick the eyes on to the balls.
- Now you can devour!